For group bookings please contact
017687 77246 or
Eddie Lawless, Skylark Church group. May 2019.
You are welcome to use the hostel and grounds for day/evening activities or residentials. Here are some of the groups who have visited Derwentwater Independent Hostel recently:
- Scout groups (for instance: Eden District Cubs, Essex Scouts Mountaineering Group, and Sheffield Scouts)
- National Citizen Service groups
- The CLIP project: a youth volunteering scheme run by The Conservation Volunteers
- Youth rugby clubs
- Young and Sweet Youth Group from Northumberland
- North Copeland Youth Group from Cumbria
- Duke of Edinburgh Award groups
- Encompass: The Daniel Braden Reconciliation Trust
- Albemarle Barracks Youth Club
We want to share Barrow House and the Lake District with as many young people as possible, and so we have a fund for subsidising youth group residentials. Click here for a poster and information sheet about the fund and residentials, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Group trips on the Keswick Launch
Birmingham University Wilderness Medicine Students
Working together on Derwent Water
Self catering kitchen
Barrow Cascade: the waterfall in our grounds
Carving of the Green Man in Cartmel Priory
Classrooms in the forest
Raft building (and floating!)
Be a Viking for a day!